Sensory tests: Coffee tasting
|LAB EQUIPMENT||Analysis equipment, peripheral equipment and consumables|
|LAB FURNITURE||Laboratory furniture of Köttermann, Waldner, Flores Valles and others|
|CONTAINER LAB||Mobile or semi stationary laboratories in a container or on a trailer|
|SENSORY LAB||Special equipment for the sensory product control|
|TRAINING||Training of the users as well as preparation for certification|
|INSTALLATION||Installation of laboratory furniture|
Product characteristics like the appearance, the smell, the taste and the skin feeling are often the final decision to buy. It is therefore essential, to know the customers wishes and translate them into the products accordingly. Therefore sensory tests are supporting.
Sensory tests are used to measure and testing of substance properties resp. quality characteristics, which will be seen through the senses. This includes the appearance, the smell/fragrance, the taste, the skin feeling, the consistency and other physiochemically mediated perceptions. The human being himself, with his senses, serves as a verification tool. This requires a lot of concentration.
Essentially, it is about raw materials, ingredients, intermediates, semi-products and final products among the sensory tested substances.
Especially for producers of the following industries, sensory product characteristics are of prime importance:
- Foodstuffs and semiluxury food
- Scents, odorants and flavors – fragrance producers, aroma industry
- Detergents, cleaning agents, cleanser
- Body care, skin/hair care products und cosmetics
- Animal food
- Packaging materials for groceries (DIN 10955)
Fields of application
- Quality control of raw materials, auxiliary materials, ingredients, packing material, intermediate and end products
- Target safe: Are the consumer important product characteristics fulfilled by the product
- Product comparison with market leader
- Investigation of the influence of new raw material charges to the product perception
- Investigation of the influence of new process technologies at the production
- Determination and examination of expiry periods
- Observation of labile or unsteady product characteristics
- Investigation of the storage stability (gestation period and ageing process)
- Control of packing materials and its influences to the product perception, -quality and -stability
- Investigation of the influence of the terms of conveyance
- Processing the sensory complaints
- Product development/optimization
- Investigation to change the product quality by qualitative and quantitative modification of the raw materials and additives
- Long-term profile in the product perception
- Preparation and innovation of product standards
- Development of prototypes
- Identification of the ingredients, which are effecting the sensory quality
- Investigation of the relationship between the sensory characteristics and the chemical, physical and textural properties of the test item
- Recognition and development of sensory trends
- Marketing and market research
- Which formulation achieves the highest acceptance at the target group?
- Which product characteristics are important, that the formulation fits well to the targeted product positioning?
- How well are the expectations met, initiated by a product concept, by the formulation?
- Which product characteristics should be improved from the view of the target group?
- Avoidance of flops and complaints
- Long term commercial success by product optimation/further development
- Sales increase
- Improvement of the market position
- Cost efficiency by compliance to exit quality
- Orientation at the development of new trends resp. products