In addition to the usual mashing procedures, the THIEMT Mashing Bath TMB enables you to perform individual mashing procedures. The standard programs Hartong and Congress, as described in MEBAK and EBC, are pre-installed; the addition of individual programs in unlimited quantity, is possible.
The TMB can optionally be operated via a modern touch-screen interface or with help of a standard browser. 2 versions are available: manual or automatic (TMB plus) water dosage. The TMB is ergonomically designed and is completely made of stainless steel.
Congress and Hartong mashing procedures are standardized procedures for obtaining various analysis figures.
- Mashing during the course of a temperature program
- Use of fine and coarse bruised grain
- Determining of absolute extract content by means of the Plato chart. Furthermore, amongst other things determination of saccharification time (iodine standard), protein content, viscosity, pH-values. The difference between fine and coarse bruised grain allow conclusions to the cytolytic solution of the malt.
- Mashing at constant temperature (20 °C, 45 °C, 65 °C or 80 °C)
- Use of fine bruised grain
- Determination of a ratio (VZ) = percental ratio of the maximum extract yield at the chosen temperature. Conclusions to enzyme activity, protein dilution and the mashing activity per se are possible.
In addition, there are several individual mashing procedures for various analyses, such as the lautering test.
The Mashing Bath TMB
The Mashing Bath TMB has been designed by THIEMT to support standardized programs and additionally any number of individual procedures.
- Completely made of stainless steel. The standard version can hold up to 8 samples.
- The housing is designed around ergonomic aspects: The bent upper part makes the mashing beakers and stirrers easier to see and more accessible.
- Additional to the standard mashing procedures Congress and Hartong, it is possible to create individual procedures spanning a temperature range from 20 °C up to 80 °C (temperatures below 20 °C require a separate water chiller).
- The stirring speed is programmable; as well as the automated water dosage in case of the TMB plus version.
- The waterbath is automatically heated by integrated heating elements. Automatically regulated inflow of fresh water is used to cool the waterbath down. If temperatures below the fresh water temperature are needed, a separate water chiller can be used, such as special cooling water baths or recirculating coolers.
- The mashing bath is operated via the integrated touch panel. Alternatively, the TMB can be controlled remotely via PC without requiring any special software.
- Direct selection of 6 procedures with individually configurable quick-select buttons.
- 5 pre-installed standard procedures (Congress and Hartong)
- Alternative color schemes for barrier-free operation
The mashing bath is available in 2 standard versions:
- TMB eco
- TMB plus with automatic water dosing
The mashing bath is equipped with a touch screen that is used to control all functions of the device.
- Pre-installed standard programs:
- Congress mashing precedure
- Hartong VZ20
- Hartong VZ45
- Hartong VZ65
- Hartong VZ80
- Graphical evaluation of the temperature profile
- 6 individually configurable quick-select buttons; any number of programs can be operated manually
- User-defined programs (based on an existing program or from scratch)
- Adjustment of the temperature and time progression
- Adjustment of the stirring speed
- Adjustment of the water dosing (TMB plus)
- Setting an alarm signal
- Free configuration by the user
- Calibration and temperature offset
- Appearance of the user surface
- Performance in case of an interruption of the electrical power supply
- Many other adjustments
Characteristics and benefits of the mahsing bath TMB:
- High bath recirculation = temperature homogeneity in all sample beakers
- Individual programming
- Optional automatic water dosing
- Wide range of configuration options
- Recovery after mains outage
- Housing completely made of stainless steel
|Technical details TMB
||8 pieces, 600 ml each
||up to 80 °C
||± 0.1 K
||up to 200 rpm
|Water dosage amount1
|Electrical connection values
||220–240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
||523×683×515 (B×H×T in mm)
|Depth incl. water connectors
|Interface for data carriers
1: For TMB eco, amount per glass cuvette
|Mashing bath TMB
|Mashing bath TMB eco
|Mashing bath TMB plus
|1 × Set (8 pcs) Congress stirrers
|1 × Set (8 pcs) Hartong stirrers
|1 × Mashing beaker
|1 × Glass cuvette
|Delivery scope mashing bath TMB
|1 × Mashing bath TMB
|8 × Mashing beaker
|8 × Stirrer for Congress procedure
|8 × Stirrer for Hartong procedure
|8 × Glass cuvettes for dosing water (only TMB eco)
|1 × Network cable
|1 × USB thumb drive
|1 × Set of tubing for water intake and outlet
|1 × Manual2
2: When ordering please specify the required mains plug and the language for the manual.
|Delivery in wooden crate
||700×700×900 (B×H×T in mm)